Friday, February 10, 2017

Catch up continued

Found the camera cable, charged the battery & now I have some more pic's of our trip to Tasmania to share with you.








This is the house we stayed in.  Isn't it lovely?  Usually we'd have stayed with our friends, but the Mother In Law needs a place where her bedroom has an ensuite with walk in shower & on the same level as the living area/kitchen.  This can be quite difficult to find in a coastal area as everything is 2 storey to take advantage of the ocean views!  If you look to the right on the second last picture you will see our car, level with the 2nd storey.  There was a ramp to drive up to the second level eliminating the stairs for her!

Despite being in a beanie in Hobart on the day of the Cadbury (half) Marathon, the sun did come out & I swam in the ocean in Bicheno without a wetsuit - post swim evidence!


I also went rock hopping one afternoon while MIL was at the pokies & Plumbing Boy was off dirt bike riding.



That's a pelican on a rock above, I couldn't zoom in any further & he wouldn't come any closer funnily enough!

I had 3 days back at work before the Australia Day long weekend over which we'd rescheduled MIL birthday farm stay weekend in central Victoria.  Unpack & repacked & off we went to spend the weekend with my parents, sister & family, an aunt & another couple of friends.


I didn't take any pictures of the homestead itself, but it was well appointed & could sleep 14 in the main house + 2 in the adjacent cottage where MIL stayed.  We had a wonderful time, eating, picking mulberries, playing cards & scrabble, walking, & catching yabbies!







Trixie ended up with socks on her feet as she kept licking them.  She's been doing it on & off since Christmas (licking one in particular that is).  Just when I think she's stopped she starts again.  I think we may have to put an Elizabethan collar on if she persists!  Poor sock dog looks so happy!




My friend & I went into Castlemaine for park run on Saturday morning.  My niece came too & ran the course as a non registered participant & my aunt did the same but walked.  It was 3 laps of the botanical gardens which were very picturesque & we were happy for the shade!


It was a lovely weekend away & topped off a pretty cruizy January.  As you can see I am still running & am theoretically in week 6 of marathon training.  

I've had an out of square coccyx (tail bone) since we were in Tasmania.  I saw someone after the long weekend & have been to the chiropractor weekly since then.  Pelvis out & rotated making one leg shorter than the other in conjunction with the jammed up tailbone. Not sure in which order they occurred. 

I haven't been cycling or horse riding (nor fallen off either) nor fallen over, so I have no idea really what happened.  I do however suspect that running on out of camber roads + weaker core + weaker overall muscles that generally support my pelvis (due to no weight training & general slackness on my part) are the most likely cause.  I have one more Chiro apt next week then hopefully will go onto monthly maintenance then & will be allowed to get on with hill training as I've had to stick with flat running while it's mending.  

To be honest I think the chiro might have a heart attack if I told him how far I've run - he didn't put a limit on my distance & said to stop if I had pain.  Everything upright doesn't hurt, only sitting, so therefore I've run my scheduled long runs of 18 & 20kms the last two weeks respectively.  Oops.  Let's hope I get the all clear next week!



No comments: