Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Gardens

One sunny day in February we went for a drive down the coast to Dromana for lunch with friends at Heronswood, part of a diggers club complete with nursery, gardens & restaurant.  Most of the fruit, veggies & herbs used in the restaurant are fresh from the garden with everything else on the menu locally sourced including beverages.  I took pictures of the non edible stuff!!










Our own garden is doing it's thing.  The first crop of lettuce is done & I pulled out the last of the plants this week as the leaves were just too bitter for even me too eat & they were going to seed anyway.  Next crop is in.  Our egg plant has delivered 1 beauty with a few more on the way.



The begonia plant we were given as a house warming gift is in full bloom.



I've had this pail for years meaning to use it as a herb garden & it's finally happened after plumbing boy drilled a few holes in the base for me.  I've already used the oregano & thyme.  Am sure the parsley will get a look in soon - just waiting for it to grow a little more!


An our roses are blooming away out the front.  I removed all the dead heads from the last bloom a couple of weeks ago & they've gone crazy so I picked some to enjoy inside.


The hot house is finally done although I haven't taken any photo's yet, & we've had a few tomato's & hope to have strawberries soon.  We're all getting quite into this gardening caper & have started our autumnal planting with some broccoli & something else, but for the life of me I cannot remember what!


6 comments:

DEZMOND said...

those are some really pretty flowers, indeed

Char said...

I'm very envious of your green thumb. We've tried a lot of the things you've planted and nothing ever happens.Well stuff happens but is thwarted by insects and possums.

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Dezmond!

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Char - but I'm not sure it's me with green thumb lol. Pot luck so far. Zac has netting over one patch after the birds went on full attack!!!!!

Blue Grumpster said...

You have many talents. I'm not surprised, though.

AlleyCat said...

Pot luck Blue! Pot luck!!!!