Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

GORM Training Update Week 7/20


Great Ocean Road Marathon Training Week 7: 9/2 - 15/2

Run 1: Tuesday PM 3km, 2km, 1km - pacing each faster than the previous with a 2 minute break between sets. 16.15 pace 5.24/10.8 pace 5.19/pace 4.5

Run 2: Thursday AM 5km fast 26.18 pace 5.15

Run 3: Sunday 15kms 1 hr 30 mins 39 secs pace 6.02

Other: PT Monday & Thursday

Feeling: Like I need all the help I can get

Back at home this week.  I realise I cannot train for a hilly marathon on a flat route, so I've had to change my long run route.  I've run various sections of it before, just not where the hills are.  Not knowing the route so well is a bit off putting.  I find comfort in familiarity it seems.  One hills is a half km switch back, but I can run all the way up.  It hurts.  I've decided to sign up with my Lazy Runner coach Marie.  She's kept my long run time table pretty much the same as I had drawn up, but will give me my other 2 x weekly runs to do each week according to how I'm feeling & how my body holds up.  She's told me not to stress too much about the hills.  We can train my legs to remember the uphill motion & they will do as they are asked.  She said a greater concern with this event is the possibility of gale force winds & rain or hail, neither of which you can really prepare for.  Oh great.  Now I'm back to worrying about the wind!  Urgh.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

Your legs will remember and do as asked? ha ha...mine forgot about hills years ago then.
I hope you don't get shit weather for the run.

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Chris!!! LOL. Me too - re the weather!!!!

Carol said...

Let's hope that any wind is a tail wind!

AlleyCat said...

Yes indeed Carol!! Tailwind is also the name of the fuel drink I use!!!