Monday, March 9, 2015

GORM Training Update Week 4/20


Great Ocean Road Marathon Training Week 4: 19/1 - 25/1

Run 1: Tuesday PM 7kms Hills - no
Run 2: Thursday AM 5km fast - done but not so fast
Run 3: Saturday 13kms - did not do

Other: PT Monday

Feeling: Frustrated.  

Left hammie has been feeling a bit niggly for a while & had been getting tighter & tighter. Tuesday I decided to ditch the planned hill run & do something flatter.  Went out as fast as possible for 2.5kms then came back at normal pace 5mins/5.45 respective paces.  I booked in to see the physio at this point - the earliest I could get in was Friday - as it was still quite tight, but OK.  Thursday morning decided to repeat Tuesday's run.  Hmmm.  Stopped after 10 metres & decided to walk a bit more, then try a slow run to see how it went.  Pulled the pin altogether after 1km & walked home.  Had PT that night in the park, but it was 30+ degrees & hammie was sick so we just went for a walk & chat instead (no charge) - bless! as it was my last session before going on holidays.

Physio wasn't too concerned, yes it was tight & he loosened it up with massage & acupuncture, gave me another batch of glute activation exercises & instructions on stretching & foam rolling & to not run for a few days & to then take it slowly.  So I missed my Saturday long run & went off on holidays.

No comments: