Sunday, March 8, 2015

GORM Training Update Week 3/20


Great Ocean Road Marathon Training Week 3: 12/1 - 18/1

Run 1: Tuesday PM 7kms Hills (forgot watch)
Run 2: Thursday AM 5km fast 25.24 pace 5.05
Run 3: Saturday 21.1kms 2 hours seconds pace 5.41

Other: Monday PM - PT; Friday PM - PT; Wednesday PM - Own gym stuff

Feeling: tentatively excited

Ran the hill loop in reverse again this week - it is definitely harder than running it clock wise.  And I didn't cut it short for any reason :-)  



More importantly I wasn't stressing about the potential hills in the GORM!!!  I want to drive the course sooner than later so I can see just what I'm up against & adjust my longer training runs to similar terrain.  This wont happen for a few weeks as we're going away on holidays soon, but don't feel as anxious about it this week thank goodness!!!

Thursday mornings fast run was pretty good - pace 5 mins 5 seconds - need to knock 5 seconds off each km to reach that 25 minute mark.  I'm getting closer!

No comments: