Tuesday, March 17, 2015

GORM Training Update Week 11/20


Great Ocean Road Marathon Training Week 11: 9/3 - 15/3

Run 1: Tuesday PM 3 x 2kms repeats - 
out slow, back fast: pace 5.49/4.34
out fast; back slow: pace 5.45/5.31
out & back as fast as possible: pace 5.08/4.42

Run 2: Thursday AM 5km faster pace - 5.14 pace

Run 3: Saturday 13kms slow & steady - 5.32 pace

Other: PT Monday & Thursday

Feeling: Getting over the fear of the hills.

As I said the other day.  What's the worst thing that could happen??  I'm halfway there so I really need to be head down & bum up & work hard!!!! 

Practised running down the hills fast on this weeks long run - usually I use them as bit of a recovery, put the brakes on & run slow.  I need to use the advantage to make up the extra time needed to get up the bastards!!!  Didn't do too bad hence the time.  My PT set be a goal pace this week due to the shorter distance he say's of 5.30, I thought he said 5.35, with 5.40 as the slowest, so felt a boost of confidence smashing that.  Bring on week 12!


2 comments:

Carol said...

Your pace just floors me! I'm in awe. You are the epitome of being prepared for any event you enter. Love it.

AlleyCat said...

LOL I'm not that fast Carol!! I just read about a blind man who runs the 42.2kms in my 21.1km time. There is always someone faster than you!!!!!