Monday, March 16, 2015

GORM Training Update Week 10/20


Great Ocean Road Marathon Training Week 10: 2/3 - 8/3

Run 1: Monday AM 5km Normal pace; pace 5.26
Run 2: Wednesday PM 7kms Hills; pace 5.59  
Run 3: Friday 25kms pace 5.54

Other: PT Monday & Thursday

Feeling: Tired.

Been fighting off a cold all week (thanks Mr PT) & felt sluggish.  Monday night at PT my legs would barely work!  I think doing 21, then 23kms a week apart took it's toll on my body!  That said, pace was better for the long run this week & it was 2kms further.  I was on target for a 5.50 pace, watch was about to die with 2 kms to go so I hit stop & save & had to manually add on the last 2kms from the end time (of day).  I faded quite a bit without it to motivate me I guess, but dems da breaks.  We went away for the long weekend to a music festival, hence doing the long run on Friday!  Was good to have it done before we went.

Plumbing Boy saw a dive shop closing down during the week so we went in & scored a few bargains.  I got a 7mm 2nd hand dive suit for $100-00 + a brand new 2/3mm steamer for the same price.  PB got a BC & a steamer (2nd hand BC) but there wasn't a 7mm that would fit him.  We took the steamers with us to Port Fairy & swam in the great southern ocean despite the cold!!!  I was able to stay in for a lot longer & I could get in so much faster!  I suffer from Reynaurds Phenomenon  & have issues with hands & feet.  We swam & body surfed both mornings we were there.  Not sure if it played much part in leg recovery, but certainly helped with the seediness!!! 

4 comments:

Blue Grumpster said...

Reynaurds... Mrs Blue has it too. It's a pain, alright. I akso can't believe how fit you are. Don't you feel like... dead.... after running a marathon?

AlleyCat said...

Poor Mrs Blue. It's a drag!!!

I actually felt pretty good immediately after the first marathon - must have been that runners high LOL. Felt pretty ordinary later that night.............& all the next day...........& here I am, preparing to do it all over again!!!

I guess I am pretty fit; but then I read an article about a blind Kenyan who runs the distance in half the time I do & think I have a long way to go hahahaha

Carol said...

Goodness, another amazing running friend of mine suffers Reynaurds too. It must be more common than I thought. She usually wears gloves when she runs.

AlleyCat said...

I have gloves for winter, but I prefer the long sleeves with the thumb holes - the sleeves are usually long enough to double as hand warmers & the I can roll them up when i'm warm enough & not have to worry about carrying the gloves. Fussy thing aren't I!!!!