Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

The excitement builds


The excitement is starting to build!!  Did my last training run of 10kms this  morning, so the training is all completed!!!

Got attacked by a mirror yesterday.  We only have one full length mirror which is basically a pane of mirror, not fastened to anything & it lives down the side of the freezer.  I lift it out when I need to use it & lean it up against something.  As I pulled it out yesterday, it slipped, the corner which was already chipped smashed into my thigh on the way down then the whole thing smashed onto the floor!!!

I've got 2 x 25mm long parallel cuts on my inner (ish) right thigh down towards my knee & a bit of a bruise as well.  I immediately covered it with tissues & bound it, not wanting to look.  I made plumbing boy check it out about 10 minutes later - no stitches required thankfully!!!  It's still a bit tender, but didn't bother me on the 10km this morning thankfully.

Race bag is packed & we are staying in the city for the weekend as it's also my birthday tomorrow & we're going out to a fancy restaurant for dinner.  I haven't had an alcoholic beverage for a week or so & am planning on having a couple tomorrow night to celebrate, then water til Sunday post marathon!!!!

I think I'm ready!!!!!


2 comments:

Carol said...

You are sooooooooo ready. Hydrate, carb up and run like the wind. I will be madly cheering for you if I see you sprint past. Have the best time ever and be very VERY proud!

AlleyCat said...

Thank you so much Carol!! I didn't see you, but I did think of you!!! BTW did you donate to beyondblue as Mrs G......?