Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Marathon Training Week 21/21 - Race Week

This is it!




Don't forget  I'm fundraising for Beyond Blue - secure donations gratefully accepted here - closing 28th October 2014

This weeks training looked like this:

Monday: PT - light session - glute med work, squats & core; stretching.

Tuesday: PM Run 1: 12km recovery pace

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: AM Run 2: 10km normal pace
PM PT - light session - light weight squats, deadlifts, core & stretching.

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Rest

SundayAM Run 3: 42.2kms Melbourne Marathon 3hrs 58mins 34seconds

I could have NOT done any PT this week, but I wanted to keep things as routine & as normal as possible.  No need to leave me alone with my head to stress myself out LOL!!  My PT hasn't trained a runner before so he was a little worried about me coming in, but thankfully one of the other PT's has 3 runners in on Sunday - 1 x half marathoner & 2 x marathoners & he has his clients in doing light weight & core so Mike felt better after we'd chatted to him.

12km recovery was done on the treadmill - the weather was a little ordinary & to be honest I was a little worried about hurting myself, which was totally warranted after the mirror incident on Wednesday morning (see last post).

I was happy enough to do the 10km in the morning outside - for some reason I feel comfortable running in the dark.  I guess it's because there is barely any traffic or people out & I managed a good pace.  I really didn't start to feel excited until after I'd done this run.  Plumbing Boy asked me when I got out of bed Thursday morning if I was excited - my reply at that point was no!!  It's too early & I have to go & run 10km now.  But after that run went well, I really started to feel enthusiastic.

At this point I should probably thank you all for boring you all to tears over the past 21 weeks with nothing other than marathon training!!!  I can't promise that I won't continue with it, but Thank You all for all your encouragement, kind words & support in this Quest!!!!

I'm working on a separate race day report - stay tuned!!!!



No comments: