Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Marathon Training Week 10/21



OK I'm near enough to half way there.  I'm fundraising for Beyond Blue secure donations can be made here

This weeks training looked like this:

Monday: PT - Front Squats, kettle bell squats, resistance band sleigh runs, partnered resistance band side steps; stretching & foam rolling.

Tuesday: Run 1 - PM 10km outdoor - warm up 1km excluded from the 10km, run 5km as fast as possible then 5km at normal pace: 52mins 11 sec - 23.09 first half
+ Usual shoulder & glute activation work + core, chest & back

Wednesday: PM usual glute activation work; core

Thursday: Run 2 - AM 10km reverese of run 1 without the warm up: 54mins 59sec - 25.29 second half.  Urrrg.
PM PT - Front squats & goblet squats then an 8 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible in 8 minutes) of Medicine ball slams, seated jump squats & steps.  

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Run 3 - AM 16kms 94 mins 28 seconds

Sunday: Rest

This week the 2 shorter runs SUCKED!!!  I think 10km is my  new nemesis.  I spent most of Monday & Tuesday psyching myself out about Tuesday nights run, although once I started it was OK as I knew the second half would be cruisy.   I wasn't as stressed about the second run prior but it was bloody awful doing it & I was slower!!!

Oh well.  The long run was good.  At the 10.5km mark along the trail were 2 big Maori guys walking along who gave me big grins, 2 thumbs up & yelled out words of encouragement.  WOW.  I think I grinned the rest of the way home.  Thank you guys - you made my run :-)

4 comments:

Carol said...

Isn't it funny how one small comment or gesture can change everything about a run. Good on those guys for giving you the boost.

Still exhausted reading all that you are doing. Keep it up. You are showing anyone who reads this that you are putting in the hard yards and will reap the rewards.

AlleyCat said...

So true Carol - 1 gesture can get you through!!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words!!!!

Chris H said...

Those big maori guys were probably admiring ya butt! lol

AlleyCat said...

LOL @ Chris!!!!