Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Marathon Training Week 5/21



This weeks training looked like this:

Monday: PM PT - squats, farmers walks

Tuesday: AM - Run 1 - 5km faster pace (25.18mins) PM Usual shoulder & glute activation work + core, chest & back

Wednesday: PM Run 2: Speed Session 3kms fast as possible 2 min rest (14.27 mins = 4.75mins/km), 2kms faster than 3k/min time (9.24mins = 4.62mins/km), 2 min rest, 1km faster than 2km/min time (4.29mins) - excluding 1/2 km 

Thursday: PM PT - Glute activation work + basketball/speed drills + Core

Friday: Rest

Saturday: AM 16kms 1hr 38 mins 33 seconds

Sunday: Rest

Training has been pretty good this week.  New sneakers are making me fast LOL!  Last weeks tight hamstring has settled down after dedicating time every day to stretching & foam rolling.  Saw the physio for a follow up on my biceps tendinitis & he was really happy with the progress.  I'm allowed to do anything & everything so long as I take it easy to start with & listen to my body!  Not much else to report really.  I've completed pretty much 25% of Marathon training this week.  All good!!!

2 comments:

Memphis Steve said...

You're a running machine! Meanwhile I'm trying to rehab another injury. Blah.

AlleyCat said...

thanks & commiserations........