Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Marathon Training 1/21

Official Marathon training started last week & consisted of 3 runs plus my usual stuff.

Monday: AM Run 1 - 5km (at a faster pace): 26.14mins + PM PT
Tuesday: shoulder & knee rehab + chest/back + core
Wednesday: PM Run 2 - Speed Session (treadmill), 3 x 2km
first set - warm up 1st km, run as fast as you can 2nd km 10.54mins
second set - 1st km run as fast as you can, 2nd km jog 11.05 mins
third set - run as fast as you can both kms 9.52 mins
Finished off with stretches & core
Thursday: PM Pt
Friday: Rest
Saturday: - Run 3: 12km slow & steady - actually ran 13kms 81 mins
Sunday: Rest

Had a pretty good week training wise.  The speed session is HARD but it is supposed to be.  I don't dread it, but I'm happy when it's done!

I'm actually doing about 10 minutes of core every morning including rest days.  It's 2 tabata sets where you alternate the exercise for 20 seconds followed by a 10 second rest x 8.  Currently I do a V sit, flutter kick, scissors, & bicycle twice over in each set.  I pinky promised my PT I'd do it every day.  So far so good.  We had visitors on the weekend so I had a little company after my long run Saturday morning.




The youngest made up his own afterwards, just gorgeous!!!


2 comments:

Carol said...

That looks way painful but got to love your little trainers there!

Carol / www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

AlleyCat said...

LOL thanks Carol!!