Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Liebster Award


Last week Jeremy from Confessions of an Amateur Athlete kindly nominated me for a Leibster Award. 

So.  What is a Leibster Award you may ask?  It's an award given to bloggers by bloggers.  Basically you nominate fellow up & coming bloggers in order to help them gain more readers & get more exposure.

So thank you Jeremy for the honor, despite me being a very new reader of your blog!!!

THE RULES
  • Thank the blogger who awarded you & link back to their blog
  • Answer the 10 Questions the blogger asked of you
  • Nominate 10 different bloggers
  • Ask 10 different questions to the nominees

Jeremy's questions are:

1. Tell us what your blog is about.
As my profile says, a little bit of this & a little bit of that!  It originally started as a weight loss kind of a blog & has progress more into my running & every day life adventures

2. What made you want to start blogging?
To join in with the community of blogs I was reading!!  I felt guilty reading about their adventures without sharing my own!  Sadly most of those I started out reading are no longer blogging :-(

3. What's your favorite way to stay active?
If you ask my PT he'd say Cardio!!!  But yes, cardio type classes & running are my favorites.  

4. If you could have dinner with ONE person (dead or alive) who would it be & why.
I'm gonna get morbid & say either of the two people I know who took their own lives to ask why.  I don't feel bitter or angry at them, just sad for them & their families & I kind of feel that we knew the why's it would help in whole research & treatment of depression & suicide prevention.

5. Waffles or Pancakes? Favorite topping?
Aaaah couldn't tell you the last time I ate a waffle or a pancake.  I guess I'd choose pancakes with maple syrup (the real stuff not that imitation shite - I have Canadian friends!!) & real vanilla icecream.  

6. One guilty pleasure of yours after a tough workout/run.
Hahahaha doesn't need to be tough.  Lindor Lindt Ball!!

7. What's one fitness activity you haven't tried, or don't do often that you'd like to try?
Have secret thoughts of a triathlon one day.  And have been researching a bicycle!!! And Surfing.  Would love to learn to surf.  In Tropical waters!!!

8. If you could only eat ONE thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
See question 6.

9. Describe your dream vacation.
Tropical Island, crystal clear water, white sand, scuba diving, the hubby & a few good mates/mango daiquiri's, pizza/pasta/food...........

10. Link to your favorite blog post.
I wasn't sure if this meant a blog post I'd written or someone else, so I'm going to list one of each.  My current fave blog post written by someone else is this one about not giving up:

http://cocogirlbutter.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/thanks-to-girl-called-jess.html

My fave of all my own blog posts is probably the series I wrote on my Grandpa back in 2010

http://alleycat1970.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/grandpa-v1-of-3.html
http://alleycat1970.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/grandpa-v2-of-3.html
http://alleycat1970.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/grandpa-v3-of-3.html

I'm going to change the rules here & only nominate a couple of bloggers:

Carol http://finding-carol.blogspot.com.au
Kate http://cocogirlbutter.blogspot.com.au

My questions are:

1. Out of all the social networks in the world, why use a blog?
2. Tell me about a movie/TV show/song/book that changed your life.
3. Name one physical feature about yourself that you like.
4. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a kid?
5. What is your quirkiest habit?
6. Who is your favorite super hero?
7. What is your favorite distance to run?8. What are your current favorite running shoes?
9. Who inspires you the most to run?
10. What is your go-to long pre run meal?

2 comments:

Jeremy Heath said...

Great answers! And I've always wanted to try surfing too! Although, I should probably become a better swimmer first. LOL. And I bet you'd be great in a Tri, you can do it!!

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Jeremy!!!