Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

1/2 Marathon Training Week 11

Almost there - 1 more week to go.  

Mon 14/4: 5.5km 27.58mins 5am; 5.30pm PT

Tues 15/4: PM shoulder & knee rehab exercises + Core + Stretching

Wed 16/4: 8.5km 48.07mins 5am

Thurs 17/4: 5.5km 29.34mins 5am; 5.30pm PT

Fri 18/4: Rest

Sat 19/4: 15.5kms 90 mins 11 sec

Sun 20/4: Rest

Took this week pretty easy with the running speed wise. Tried to keep it slow & easy.  Last long run done.  PT Monday night was killer - last heavy session before the 1/2 marathon saw me squatting with 52.5kgs on my shoulders (worked my way up from 40kgs this week).  You will notice I didn't do anything Wednesday night.  The DOMS set in Wednesday & I was walking around like a little old lady groaning every time I had to sit down or stand up, or walk up or down stairs LOL!!!  

We spent the whole session on squats.  Ouch.  The week before I'd felt a bit bruised on the back of my neck/shoulders from where the bar was sitting.  I explained this to Mike after he requested some feed back from the previous week.  He laughed & told me I could either "man up & grow some traps, or he could fetch me some padding".  Yup.  Padding it was.

Thursday night PT was cardio - a combination of boxing, medicine ball slams & something else which I've forgotten.

Easter came & went, took it pretty easy & didn't eat any more chocolate than I would in a normal week.  Spent a fair amount of time watching movies & catching up on household chores in preparation for my week away after the 1/2.  And of course watching the footy Monday afternoon!!!



Yup, my team won which puts us undefeated on the top of the ladder!  Go Cats!!!!!!




3 comments:

Matilda Iglesias said...

Hi,
Found your blog because I follow Carol at finding-carol.

Are you doing the Geelong Half Marathon too? Is it your first?
Either way good luck.
It's a great course. I did it last year, and totally loved it. It has to be one of my most memorable runs.
I blog over at www.runmum.com so feel free to pop over if you like.
Now I will go check out the rest of your blog.
Thanks,
Matilda

Chris H said...

Your looking great Chick!
I can't believe you do squats with that weight on your shoulders!!! I am sure you do need padding, you are so slight yourself.

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Matilda!! it's my second 1/2 - did my first last year at the melb marathon. will be checking out your blog shortly!!!

Thanks Chris - LOL!!!!