Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Recovery

So. I think I've pretty much recovered from the 1/2 marathon.  I've managed a couple of runs without my knees protesting too much.  The left one is still a bit dodgy & the physio had a look at it last week while I was there for the biceps tendon issue which is slowly slowly slowly healing.  

He is sure that the problem is weak glutes after observing me attempt one legged squats.  He made me do them differently to the ones I'm used to doing in the gym where I suspect my quads are doing most of the work as I was woeful!

So the next 12 weeks training program, along with getting ready for a 10km in Warrnambool in January & the 5km Colour Run (just for fun) will involve a fair bit of shoulder & knee rehab.  I've been slack with my shoulder exercises over the past couple of weeks leading up to the big run & said physio excused me (he's a runner himself).

I'm still doing 2 x PT session a week & last night we attempted a few reverse pull ups for the first time since the biceps tendon issue started.  I was SCARED!! Mostly at how useless I'd be at it & of hurting myself.  

I seem to have survived the session unscathed although the whole shoulder seems a bit out of sorts, crunchy (noisy!! it kind of grates) but not painful.  I've realized that I've been leaning my left elbow on my desk & slumping to that side which probably doesn't help.  I'm trying to concentrate on drawing my shoulder blades back & down basically all the time!!  It's hard work!!  The left one kind of hunches forward (is rounded) so hopefully said rehab will sort that out...............

2 comments:

Emile Buttocks said...

I seriously need to get into the gym and strengthen ... pretty much everything. But if I were in Australia I'd come do squats with you. I definitely need to do those.

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Mate!!!