Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Meme

MEME! stolen from Steve

1. Are you a young heart or an old soul?
A bit of both

2. What makes someone a best friend?
Common interests, common ideals, common values, similar sense of humor.

3. What Christmas present do you remember the most?
Oddly a pair of yellow “fashion”overalls my aunt gave me when I was maybe 12.  I think it’s the only piece of yellow clothing I've ever owned!

4. Tell me a movie/song/TV show/play/book that has changed your life.
Wow.  Too many to list & to be honest I probably can’t remember now why they seemed so important at the time.  I remember going to see Jesus of Montreal & being enthralled & believing everyone should see it; can’t for the life of me remember why, probably because it was the opposite of the religious stuff my parents believed in.  I guess anything that challenges stereotypes will do it for me.

5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself and one that you dislike.
I've always liked my eyes; I don’t like my right leg. More specifically how in order for my knee to point forward, my foot has to be out on a 45 degree angle.  It makes me walk a bit like a duck.  My running gait aint that pretty either.  My PT says its improving though.  He’s secretly working on it when I’m not paying that much attention.  The other day while doing walking lunges he looked so serious I asked him what was wrong!!  He said he was just looking at & concentrating on just how much less like a duck my right leg is now.  Quack.

6. Can money buy happiness?
I believe money can certainly assist in developing ones happiness; but it can’t be bought.

7. What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection? 
Depends if you want to converse with them or not!!!
 

8. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? 
Not really.  Although I can’t trust my Ma not to snoop through my stuff sometimes.

9. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid? 
Holidays – anywhere really!  We had lots of fun family holidays, usually camping with other families or visiting relatives.  My all time fave camping holidays were up on the Murray with 4 other families: 12 kids, 8 parents, swimming, kicking the footy, playing cards, hanging out, sleeping out under the stars on the river bank with the other kids, cooking over the fire…………

10. Have you spent a night in the hospital?
Plenty.  I was a bit of a sick kid with ear nose & throat issues.  I also had my appendix out when I was 7 & got in big trouble for getting out of bed the next morning & climbing up onto & riding the rocking horse.  Apparently that is not good for belly stitches.

11. Do you enjoy being only with 1-2 friends or with a large group of people? 
Depends on the activity.  Sometimes the more the merrier, adds to the fun.  Other times its better to spend quality time one on one.

12. Have you ever been bullied? 
Yes.  The first time I really remember was in Year 7 on the bus on the way to my first day of high school.  I didn't know any other girls on the bus (knew 2 boys) & another year 7 girl & a year a 10 girl (friends) made fun of the way I was sitting.  I still remember feeling embarrassed.  The last time was in a work place & it pretty much constituted sexual harassment (he tried to bully me into letting him touch me inappropriately).  I kicked him in the shin wearing my doc martin boots.  Felt good.

13. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage until having sex, would you stay in that relationship?
Probably not.

14. Do you believe in God? 
I think I believe in some sort of a higher power....

15. Out of all the social networks in the world why use a blog? 
I started originally to join in with a community of mainly health & weight loss bloggers.  Kind of felt it unfair to read & comment if I didn't put myself out there as well.  These days, well, I haven't bothered with twitter, & this is a good place to keep record & interact with my the friends I've made through blogging.

16. What is your quirkiest habit?
My sister would say the way my cutlery is all neatly stacked in my cutlery drawer; & probably the way I line up my glassware as if it were in a bar or cafĂ©.  Both probably a hangover from my hospitality days.  I always re-stack the mug/glass cupboard at work when someone else has emptied the dish washing machine.  I hate it when the cups aren't stacked orderly. 

17. What is normal? Are you normal?
See above.  Perhaps not. 

18. Someone close to you is dying! You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years but if you do you cause the death of 10 strangers.
No.

19. What is one thing you could never forgive?
I don't know.

20. When you’re alone in your own home, do you talk out loud to yourself?
Yes!

21. Who is your favorite super hero?
Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter!!).

22. Could you be in a long distance relationship?
Maybe.  I haven’t tried!

23. Do you know what makes you happy?
Usually the simple things in life will make me happy: the warmth of the sun on my skin; going for a run/completing a run; finishing a hard PT session; hanging out with friends & family; planning a holiday; cooking a special meal; listening to music; watching baby animals.  Doesn't take much to make me happy or cheer me up.  On a deeper level, I’m not sure I can define in a few short sentences.

24. Who was your first crush?
Lordy!  Probably the boy who lived next door!.

25. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
Don’t have a specific favourite: so long as they cook the food better than I can at home I’m happy.

26. Are you an early bird or night owl?
Currently I’m an early bird.  Back in my hospitality days I was a night owl.

27. Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
?????????????

28. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for 

participation?

Depends on the activity & the age of the kids.  Some kids try their hearts out & will only ever be mediocre.  It’s nice to have something to encourage you to keep trying.  But medals & trophies for everything all the time won’t allow kids to learn how to deal with not coming first; wont teach a sense of achievement of seeing something through regardless of where they come.

29. What song best describes your life right now?
No idea, but my favourite tune at the moment is a cover of Died Pretty’s Everybody Moves by  Courtney Barnett & Dave Faulkner from the Rockwiz Sound Track.  Couldn't find the lyrics on the web, but the chorus is basically Everybody moves, everybody changes, everybody moves away from me.  I can be seen bopping on the tready to it at gym frequently.

30. How do you express your creativity?
Cooking, blogging.

31. Describe your neighborhood. 
Nickname is scumshine, right next to stab your organs, fairly close to knifepoint.  Western Suburbs.

32. Give me the story of your life in 6 words.
That’s way too hard to do. 


1 comment:

Emile Buttocks said...

OK, I like the nicknames for the place you live. I'm sure it's not so lovely if you live there, but it's funny from far away.