Monday, August 5, 2013

Looking for the bus stop??

I was stopped on my morning run by a lady this morning who I was sure was going to ask me where the bus stop was..........................apparently not.  She wanted to know where a certain 24 hour pokie venue was.  And I could smell the booze on her.  And it was 5.15am.  Meh.  The people you meet running!

My other fave people I see regularly out on the road at the crack of dawn are a couple of elderly gentlemen, who both originally walked with canes & we always yell out 'MORNING to each other on our way past.  Recently they have started walking together!!!!  I think one picks up the other on the way past.  Neither of them use their walking sticks any more; well, not to walk with, but they do have them under their arms & I suspect they are to ward off unsavory people or K9's that might take advantage of my lovely grandpa's. 

They make me smile every time I see them :0)

They can be what I was thankful for on Friday when I didn't bother to post because I was feeling a bit gloomy!!!  It's amazing what a quiet weekend in & a lot of sleep can do for you.

Happy Monday Peeps!!!


4 comments:

Emile Buttocks said...

Morning run at 5:15 am???? This level of amazing dedication is more than I can manage. I applaud you as I remain in my bed and sleep another hour. Of course, this is probably part of the reason you are now running faster 5K times than I am, too, so I'm paying a price for my extra hour of sleep.

AlleyCat said...

LOL I start work @ 6.30 so I have to be out on the road at that hour to fit it in!! I also go to bed very early :0) I'm just in the zone at the moment...........

Memphis Steve said...

I'm in the long hours at work and no workouts zone. Blah.

AlleyCat said...

Suxxxxxxxxxxxxx Steve!!!