Friday, July 26, 2013

The Power of a Tune

How many of you out there have a tune that no matter how long ago they heard it evokes (almost) the exact emotion now as it did way back then?

I have a few tunes like that.  One of them is a Genesis tune "Invisible Touch".  Every time I hear it I am transported back to a Blue Light Disco circa 86/87 with my friend Miss D, dancing flat out up the back of the Mortlake hall.  We're up the back because we need lots of space, because we are flying!!!!!!!  High as kites on the fun of it all.  I cannot remember what we were wearing, but I can see the disco lights & the dance floor, feel the pulse of the music & my heart soars with happiness every single time I hear that tune; it puts a huge daggy smile on my dial.

This is what I am thankful for this Friday.  The magic of music & my ability to recall such a vivid memory!  





2 comments:

Chris H said...

I too have some tunes that bring back powerful memories. Some good, some bad. I'm glad you have some good ones too.

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Chris - yeah, I forgot about the opposite side of that coin. I have a few tunes that bring back the bad memories too :0(