Friday, July 12, 2013

5 on a Friday

Five things I'm thankful for this week:

1. You lot - out there.  reading this.  You've cracked me up this week with your talk of bear shit & comments about cows on cars.  I really do appreciate your comments :0)

2. That the bastard burglars didn't get away with any of our gear; all they got was some cash which is less than the insurance excess.  And the police have found the car, but of course Plumbing Boy can't identify the driver, as he didn't really see him.  BUT the cops will be keeping an eye on him & hopefully he'll be busted doing the wrong thing somewhere soon.

3. My cuz who is doing her hair dressing apprenticeship.  It's lovely to have my hair cut & coloured by her.  She'll be able to do it from home soon so will be even better as will save me a buck or 100.  She's still in her first year, but has been colouring my hair since she finished her trial period & has just been given the OK to do ladies straight cuts in the salon.  Asides the fact that she's gonna be a top hair dresser, she's a top chickee babe too!!!

4. My Sis & Niece - after going down to the country on the weekend to catch up with family, it was lovely to see them interact.  Tess had been at her Dad's for the first week of the school holidays, so hadn't seen my sis for a week (we gave her a lift back).  They have a fantastic relationship & despite a few difficulties Tess is facing at the moment, it is totally awesome that she can talk them through with my Sis & they can face them together.  It's not the sort of relationship my sis & I had with our Mum.  The older I get, the more I understand my Mum & how she handles (or doesn't) handle relationships.  Like most people she's a product of her upbringing & models her own mothers (& siblings) behaviors.  Which leads me to number 5.

5. I am thankful for the internet & education & the availability/freedom of so much more information being readily available to my generation (& the next); the ability to talk with friends about the his information which may have been taboo in my Mum's generation & even more so in my grandmothers.  I'm not doing a very good job of articulating this, but I hope you get my drift without sounding like a complete tosser!!!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend wherever you may be!!




1 comment:

Emile Buttocks said...

I'm grateful for you, too, and your blog. I tried to do another 5 but I didn't do so well. So I posted something totally different instead.