Friday, June 14, 2013

Five on a Friday

5 things I am thankful for this week!

1. My Feet!  K called me the other day & asked how my feet were.  She shed a complete layer of skin from her feet including her toes since returning from the trek!!!  I only lost a toe nail which was already purple a few weeks before we left.  I am very thankful they survived without any other issues!!!

2. My Sis & Niece - they came to stay 2 nights over the long weekend & we had fun hanging out!!

3. My Bath Tub - my hammies have been tight since we returned from the trek.  I had a massage the first week back & my lovely masseuse said I should have a few hot baths to help loosen them up.  I don't need any encouragement & it's been lovely especially as the weather has turned colder!!!

4. The colder weather - despite the fact that I prefer the warmth, it has been nice to get into my winter woollies  boots, jackets & scarves!

5. My body - which is running 6 days a week now in preparation for the Run Melbourne 10km (which I have signed up for) & getting smashed by my PT.  I am continually  amazed at the changes it is going through - firming up, growing muscles & slimming down.  It has held up so well & am proud of it!!!!

2 comments:

Emile Buttocks said...

I will be as cautious as I can about expressing gratitude for your body, but as for my own body, it doesn't seem to be showing any signs of change for the better despite all my walking, jogging, running, sprinting, biking, etc. It's frustrating, but I don't know what else I can do. I'll just have to keep training and hope for a miracle.

AlleyCat said...

LOL you wouldn't want to get in trouble now for being non PC mate!!!

Yeah, I hear your frustration. I've been through phases where I thought I was working hard & not much happened - not saying that you're not working hard!!! It's just for me I think my stars have aligned & I'm training & eating (almost) to my max potential!! Excluding of course the glass of red wine I had last night & the wine I'm planning on having tonight & probably tomorrow night. Oh, and the Lindt chocolate balls I've developed an addiction for since I gave up my week night glass of red. I'm leaner than I've been since I was in my early 20's? & 2kgs off my high school weight. I don't quite see it & I don't quite believe it yet either!!!

Hang in there!!! Your miracle may yet come :0)