Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 1

Refresher:
For those of you who may be new here, or haven't been around for a while or have forgotten, I've recently been on a trip to PNG.  It was a bit of a pilgrimage really, to see where my Dad's father (my Grandpa) "Blue" fought in the second world war & to visit the grave of his brother who was killed in action over there.  My 67 year old Dad joined me on the trek as did Plumbing Boy & a mate of ours K.

After months of training (on my part), various shopping trips for all manor of trekking/camping gear & lots of hype, we were finally on our way!!!

Day 1:After a less frantic day than expected in the office, our cab arrived to take us to the airport.  Met up with K there (Dad had stayed the night before) & managed to sneak in a couple of pints of cider before boarding.  Melbourne to Brisbane uneventful other than the 30 minute wait on the tarmac in Melbourne.  Found accommodation easily via a maxi cab.  Interesting the girl on reception had just come back from 18 months in Mt Haggen PNG.  Home delivery pizzas didn't have salami to add to our veggie pizza, although it did arrive on our meat lovers pizza.  

I wonder what they call salami in Brisvegas? 


K & I shared the double bed & PB & Dad tested out each other’s snoring ability in the single beds; a relatively early night as we had to be up @ 5am for the next leg of the journey.



2 comments:

Emile Buttocks said...

I have missed your blog posts. I'm so glad that you're back to update us! :-)

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Mate!! I missed you too!! :0)