Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

5 on a Friday

I'm attempting to revive 5 on a Friday that previous blogger Amanda used to do every Friday noting 5 things she was grateful for.  She's no longer blogging (that I know of) but if you still read every now & then I hope you are doing well mate!!!

1. My new smurf blue runners!  The are so comfortable!!!  I think I should have replaced my older runners quite some time ago.  I have 2 pairs for running & alternate them.  The pink pair had 650kms on them when I retired them last week.


2. That I could afford said new runners.  I actually have another pair on order - black with hot pink detail.  My 2nd pair are only 100kms behind the retired pair.  I don't want to end up with an injury because my running shoes are no longer doing their job.  I pronate so need the support.



3. My fitness.  I am so in the zone right now.  I've run 5 mornings out of 7 for the past 3 weeks & feel great.  The PT sessions are also helping a lot & I'm really seeing the improvement of strength as well each week.

4. My family.  While I may complain about them sometimes, we spent Easter with them & they really are a pretty funny, caring & considerate bunch.

5. Impending holiday to PNG!  Not that some of you are calling it a holiday :0)  But any time away from work is a holiday to me!!!  It will be a physically strenuous & a pretty emotional time following in the footsteps of my Dad's Dad when he was in PNG fighting in the 2nd world war.  Grandpa's brother is buried in a cemetery over there & we will be visiting his grave which is very important to my Dad & something he never thought he'd be able to do.  Being able to do this trip with my Dad makes me extra thankful.  In my head my parents only just turned 60.  Dad is 67 tomorrow.  Where has the time gone!!!!!


Have a fabulous weekend where ever you are!

Go Catters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Cinders said...

Great list to be grateful for, love the runners - have a great weekend :)

LisaB said...

Runners look terrific. Just realised how much damage my old runners are probably doing!

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Cinders!! Hope you had a great one too!

AlleyCat said...

Hi Lisa, Thank you! Gotta look after your feet/shins/knees!!!!!