Monday, April 22, 2013

11 Sleeps

11 Sleeps until we head off on our adventure!!

I purchased a few substitutes for our ration packs on the weekend - muesli bars we like, sachets of power aid & some dried blueberries to add to our porridge.  Plumbing Boy sampled one of the dehydrated meals for lunch yesterday - Roast lamb, gravy, mint pea's & mash.  Wasn't too bad for what it was.  It's only for 8 days so I am sure we will survive.

I just have to make it through the next two weeks @ work.  My office assistant was on leave last week & again this week so I've been kept very busy doing her job as well as mine.  

I've been feeling a bit tired & slightly overwhelmed over the past few days.  Time just seems to disappear!!  I managed to talk PB into doing our training hike locally yesterday - he wanted to head up to Wombat State Forrest which means an hour each way in the car plus the 3 hour hike.  We covered 15.25 kms in 3 hours & found enough hills to get our heart rates pumping & only 5 minutes drive away :0)

We have 1 x training session left with Kokoda Historical (who we are doing the trip with) this coming Saturday near Healesville @ Donna Buang - shorter in distance than Sunday's hike, but steeper & therefore more challenging.  I still have my own PT sessions & morning runs to contend with, but don't tell my legs!!!

OK.  I'd better get back to said work.

No comments: