Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lots but not Much

I seem to have been doing lots, but have not much to Blog about!

Work has been a bitch.  Nothing I can really expand upon here; just the usual things small business's suffer from & it's been doing my head in a bit.  That's not so unusual, I am the worrier.  When Plumbing Boy starts getting down about it, things become more stressful.  It will pass, I am sure.  Well it better!!!

In a sense, work stress has driven me to exercise more, which is a good thing.  It's time away from work where I'm not usually thinking about work!  I've run the past 9 mornings out of 10!!  No great distance, just my 6.5 or 5.5km loop depending on how sore my legs are.  

I'd been a bit put off from running outdoors since the naked man incident & the bike stalker incident coupled with  various other attacks in the media & therefore had been pretty much sticking to the tready.  But the aircon in the gym has not been working properly (was fixed this week), so  running in the mornings is actually the coolest option & gets me in a good frame of mind to start my day with.

I've been seeing my awesome PT for 2 x 30 minute sessions a week.  Last week he said he can now see definition in my arms & waist is appearing.  I think I love him LOL!  I have actually dropped about 2.5kgs since I started with him just over a month ago & am feeling much better for it.  My clothes fit heaps better & I feel less bloated (most of the time).  

I know my commitment levels are at an all time high when I was worried last week about how I was going to fit in my exercise over the long weekend while I was away! 

Went to the country for the weekend to stay with an old mate from high school on his farm.  They run sheep, have cereal crops & raise between 20 & 40 poddy calves per year to sell as steers.  We had the first catch up I'd been to since our school reunion 2 years ago on the Saturday night via a BBQ at his farm & was great fun to catch up with the people who came (only a small selection invited as it wasn't a formal catch up).  

We took the scenic route on the way & stopped in at a country pub that one of the guys from high school is now managing (who didn't come to the reunion).  Hadn't seen him for 20 years.  When miss D & I walked in his face was priceless!!!  He didn't know we were coming & we didn't even know if he was working.  It must have been meant to be as he doesn't usually work afternoons & was filling in for one of his staff.  We stayed for an hour or so, had a couple of beers & a good chin wag with him so hopefully he'll come to the catch up later in the year that we are in the midst of organizing.

The Black Cat Trek is going ahead.  Just forked out a shite load of $$$, but it's all good.  We've been hiking most weekends & have a formal 14km hike coming up with the tour organizers in 2 weeks so that shall be fun.  The furthest I've hiked so far was on 13.4 on my own, but not so hilly.  I've worked out we'll be hiking on average 10kms per day for 7 days, + 1 day where we take a sideways hike, but not sure how far to get to the site we are going to.  That should be easily achievable.  My PT said I don't need to train for further than 10kms; we're focusing on strengthening my legs (& core) & pushing so they recover well (something about dealing with lactic acid build up!!).

Now I'm just rambling so I'd better bugger off & get back to work.

Take Care out there people!

6 comments:

Chris H said...

I like how you ramble on! I hope you have a neat weekend.

AlleyCat said...

LOL thanks Chris!!!

Memphis Steve said...

Wow, you are really committed! And making good progress, too. My running is irregular and I'm in crap shape, but I'm not giving up. You're inspiring me!

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Steve!!! It's certainly been the other way around before, where you've been inspiring me to get off my arse!!! Don't give up :0)

Cinders said...

Well done on the exercise - have "fun" on your long hike.

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Cinders!!! LOL yes, I will enjoy it - the training is paying off & I'm finding the stepper stuff easier than some of the people I've been hiking with :0)