Thursday, December 20, 2012

Getting there

Early last week I felt like there was no way I was going to be able to do this upcoming 10km.  After driving the course on Saturday, I'm dreading the hills & thinking I need to revise my estimated completion time.  I'm running a week behind in longer runs & had knee soreness over the past couple of weeks which meant I only did 2 runs weeks beginning 26/11 & 3/12 (instead of the scheduled 3).

Then last week, I managed 7.5 on the beach in Warrnambool Saturday (rather than attempting to do the 8km planned on the course on the road) then 8km 2 days later on the road Monday night without knee soreness.  I'm feeling better about it all!!  I think I need to slow down & aim for completing the training runs without causing injury rather trying to improve speed.  Maybe I'm just not meant to be a 10km runner.  And I'm still not sure about the course hills as I don't know if that 4km section will be run clockwise or anti clockwise!!!!!

I also went horse riding last Thursday with a mate for her delayed 40th birthday present (she had a baby) which was awesome & I'll do a proper blog post about that later which rendered me quite sore afterwards, so even more amazed I managed Saturday's run.  

The boss has pulled his cranky head in thank goodness.  My office assistant said he was a shocker on Thursday when I was off horse riding.  Perhaps that was the cause of said crankiness!!!  It's not like he hasn't had lots of Friday afternoons off this year to go camping & dirt bike riding LOL!

Anyhoo.  While I'm not really feeling the Christmas thing this year, I'm definitely looking forward to a few days out of the office.  I still have a long list of jobs that need doing out in the yard, but will be good to get out from behind my desk.

Watch out on the road peeps - its feral out there at the moment!

No comments: