Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Running Update

Training schedule is up on the running page for those of you who are interested!.  I'm still tweaking it a bit - would like to fit in a cycle as well, but we'll see.  Friday nights are not conducive to exercise.  But, with longer runs scheduled for Saturday mornings, perhaps cycling instead of wine on Friday nights will work out just fine!  LOL.  

Geelong 6km this Sunday.  Plumbing boy is coming along for moral support.  Sort of!  His mate who broke his leg dirt bike riding with him 8? weeks ago is coming in to have a beer or 3 & breakfast/brunch/lunch with him.  As he can drive now in his space boot (although I think he has to use his crutch to push in the clutch!) he's able to get out a bit more as is going a bit stir crazy at home.  They're planning on going to "Lingy's Bar" I think.

This weekend gone PB & I celebrated our anniversary. It was 20 years ago last month that we met & pretty much started going out from that date & tomorrow is our 3rd wedding anniversary.  

I booked us a night in a fancy hotel in the city, dinner at Nobu followed by Ben Harper (acoustic show) to celebrate.  Wow on all accounts.  The food at Nobu was so so so good.  And Ben Harper...........he was the most generous & humble performer I've had the pleasure to see.  

He played for an hour, went off stage & came back for what we thought was the encore; then played for another 2 hours & 20 minutes.  Unheard of.  He had around 10 or 12 guitars/dobros/lutes/lapsteels, a piano & a xylophone.  

For his last tune, he grabbed his ukulele & chair, placed it on the very edge of the stage & without a microphone or amp he played this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWcP-oqr6yc simply beautiful!

In some ways 20 years has gone so quickly; it seem like just yesterday we met.  Other times it seems like forever.  But I guess its pretty good achievement really!

3 comments:

Memphis Steve said...

I haven't done a race for months. Even worse, I haven't run since that last race. I haven't been to the gym, either. Basically I've been slaving away at a job that hates me. Congrats on 20 years! You guys seem to have a lot of fun.

Ute said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been 3 years?! Are ya sure?! Lolz

Congrats, hope you guys have many more happy years together to celebrate. :)

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Steve! sorry to hear your job is so bloody awful. You've inspired me HEAPS over the past year or so to train & feel bad you've not been able to train yourself. Hope something gives soon. xo

Thanks Ute! Yep! Definitely 3 years :0) seems like yesterday!