Friday, October 26, 2012

TGIF

Thank God it's Friday!!!  I'm looking forward to sleeping in on the weekend.  I just can't seem to get enough sleep lately!  Maybe I need a holiday :0)

Welcome to Miss D who's been reading.......she's a real life friend......& a bloody good one at that!  I recently started to tell her about something I blogged about & instead of having to retell the story on email, I emailed her the link.  Yep, I'm lazy.  I talk about you all to her, so hopefully she'll get herself a profile & join in reading your blogs & commenting etc even if she's not keen on blogging herself :0)

Got smashed at PT this week.  I do different activities each week so its hard to tell if I'm improving; although Adam (PT) tells me I am getting stronger.  I tell myself he makes it harder each week which is why I don't feel any better at it! 

We've been using these evil plates which I just found out are called Valslides.  Asides the muscle you are exercising, you have to engage your core to support your body, which is good, but the exercises are always quite hard!  I guess that's the whole point though of a PT session LOL.


You place your feed or hands on the black grippy side & the underside slides along the carpet.  There are all sorts of evil exercises that can be done using them (this week we did push ups where you slide your arms in & out sideways - my Pec's are still feeling the burn!).  

The exercised that has defeated me every time so far, has to do with hamstrings.  Lay on your back, place your heels on the pads, lift up your hips so you are balanced on your feet & shoulders then slide your heels in & out.  Together.  I just don't seem to be able to do it!

While moaning about not getting any better Adam said he had 2 clients in earlier that day who'd bought the pads & wanted him to give them exercises to do using them.  He said they couldn't actually do anything he gave them.  He pointed out that I can do 2 sets of 10 or 12 of everything he's given me to date other than the hamstring one. He then spoiled it by telling me the clients were in their 60's & had never exercised before.  DOH!

Just updated my running page.  Have piked on the Maribyrnong 8km but have signed up & paid for run Geelong 18th November.  Adam said there will be hills.  Don't think I'll aim for a particular time, although under 40 minutes will be almost respectable.  I just want to complete it without feeling the same pain I did with then 10km!  

Laters.





5 comments:

DOG3OY said...

enjoy the sleep in, mu yesterday is 15 hours of airline food and discomfort.


DOG3OY said...

good speaking English.... fuck i need more coffee

AlleyCat said...

LOL poor you! I think you need the sleep in more than me. I'm 2 big coffee's in already.............

Chris H said...

I think your trainer is trying to kill you! Those exercises sound like murder for your muscles. Rather you than me mate.

AlleyCat said...

LOL @ Chris H - yes, death by exercise!!!!