Monday, July 23, 2012

Quickie

Slipping in a quick update while the boss is out on the road!

Got absolutely pole axed on the weekend by a customer.  I managed to stay calm for most of the conversation.  After 5 minutes & 47 seconds she hung up on me after screaming hysterically down the phone, I think her last rave went for a full minute.  I realize I made a grave error in trying to reason with her, it was never going to happen.  I should have suggested I have my manager call her on Monday morning.  But I hate throwing off like that & Plumbing Boy HATES it when I don't try & sort it out myself.  Catch 22.

Her plumbing broke 2 weeks in a row on a Saturday night; two separate problems, but of course she was already pissed because she had to pay to have her plumbing fixed last weekend & then her kitchen tap blew up this Saturday night.  You want to own properly lady, you need to assume responsibility that it will break down.  This is not my fault.  I hope she screams at her GP, mechanic, etc etc etc the same way she did to me when things don't go as she expects.  I spose just have to have faith in karma.

I've signed up for a 10km race in 9 weeks & started a 10 week training plan last week.  More on that later.

Our goddaughter will be a back up dancer for one of the contestants on the grand final of Australia's got Talent this Wednesday.  I have no idea who/which (don't watch).  With a bit of luck I'll have a picture of her in costume prior (they are filming it Wednesday arvo) so we know what to look for.  All she could tell me was they are all in white (all 50 dancers!) & that Tim-o-matic walked within 1 metre of her (& she was very excited about that!).  I hope she's on early.......................

Ma & Pa are off travelling the outback, will share Dad's travelogue with you soon.  Currently in Darwin & enjoying some warmer weather.

That's about it for now.  Best I get back to work..........

2 comments:

Ute said...

I just realized that 'cos you've gone private, I no longer get your new blog posts in my google reader!

Will have to let me know when you post on FB or something chick! Or I could just drop by... ;o)

Ugh, pity you couldn't have rung the bitch back and gave her your vent...what did she think, that you were the one who made her fucking tap break?! Bitch.

AlleyCat said...

Yeah, she was a fucking bitch!!

I'll try to remember to email when I've posted...........