Friday, May 18, 2012

Banana's

Just had a telephone call from the MIL's (soon to be Ex) boyfriend EK.  Wanted to know where she was & decided he & I needed an Armistice.  Funny how the ONLY time he's ever been interested is now when he's made a colossal F#ck up.  I've copped some very abusive phone calls from him during their time together.  


Told me he's been left at home on his own for the past 5 days with nobody to help him & nothing to eat but banana's.  And that he needed my help.  I know he's got a fully stocked fridge (as well as the freezer & pantry) but of course I couldn't say anything about could I.  Suggested he call his son or his daughter (he has 5 or 6 children).  


He said that he nursed his wife for 27 years when she had cancer & that they were no use then & no use now (nursing her would not be what I'd call it.................neither would his children, none of them spoke to him for 5 years after their mother passed away & it wasn't until he got with MIL, that she managed to change that as she thought it awful they did not speak).


Anyway, I could write a whole lot more (I actually did, then deleted it).  No need to make too public this awful situation.  I just needed to get some of it off my chest.  My hands where shaking when I hung up the phone.  Still feel yuk if you know what I mean & anticipating more of the same.


Banana's.  Next time he calls perhaps I should ask him if he's actually opened the Fridge & looked inside?


Banana's banana's banana's......................................

4 comments:

Tully said...

Oh god, I know all about crazy families so you have my full sympathy.

Thank god it is Friday afternoon and you can (hopefully) go home and crack a bottle of wine while watching the game tonight!

xxoo

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Tully!!!! Muchly appreciated!!!!

TGIF indeed. The bottle is ready & waiting for me :0) just gotta home the Catters come through for us now hey!!!!

Chris H said...

I know that feeling of being so stressed by someone that you shake and feel ill.
I hope he moves on soon so your MIL can go back home.

Epic Fail said...

I've got the mother-in-law over staying for the weekend right now and I'm ready to jump in the car and hit the road. I can sympathize with how you're feeling even if I don't know all the details. I hope things get better.