Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bali

I've been flat out like a lizard since we got back & just haven't time to post about our holiday.  So here are a few pics & just a wee bit of description, especially for Tully!!!!!

Garuda airlines were really good - lots of extra leg room & a juice drink when we boarded before take off.  Tess & pretended we were in business class.


We arrived late afternoon & settled into our accommodation which we forgot to take pictures of.  Basically we shared a 3 bedroom apartment within a family  friendly resort (with  big swimming pool).  We each had our own bedroom (my sis & her man came too) with own en suites as well as a large living dining area, balcony (4th floor) & a kitchenette.   





Had a wander around Kuta (sis & man) above + an entertaining bakery; visited our cousin's resort (below)....


The whole point of the trip was my uncles 60th birthday.  We had cocktails at his villa first with around 40 family & friends....







Then we went out for dinner.  The birthday boy wore his birthday hat (as did we all)!



 



 
 There were a few other social activities to be attended including cocktails in Seminyak in an amazing place called Potato Head.





Where you could watch the sunset from the fabulous edge-less swiming pool as some of us did.


In-between cocktails, we sampled many of these.  My sis & niece shopped up a storm while Plumbing Boy & I chilled (read all 3 Hunger Games books) by the pool.  Ate my body weight in noodles & at least a litre (maybe 2) of the local chili sauce!  PB & I did a day scuba diving trip while the others went white water rafting.  


So ends days 1 - 7...........the rest to follow!

6 comments:

C said...

Sorry I am a total nag! Looks like you had a really lovely and relaxing trip. You all look like you are having a great time in the photos.

Looking forward to part 2.

Oh, love the black dress with floral print, you look gorgeous!

Tully said...

Ooops, that was me Tully.

AlleyCat said...

:0) figured it was you! You are so NOT a nag! I'd been thinking about it all week (& over easter - just couldn't be bothered!!!!) Then my sis posted me a disc with her photo's on it which arrived yesterday + your comment made me get my A into G!

Thank you RE dress - to be honest, I felt like a bit of a heifer next to my sis.....she wears size 8 jeans.........

Ute said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time! Beautiful resort. :o)

Cinders said...

Looks like it was a fantastic trip - see u next week :)

AlleyCat said...

Thank's Ute & Cinders! It was indeed a lovely break :0)