Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quickie

Life is crazy at the moment!  We're heading off on holidays soon & I've been under the pump preparing work stuff for that.  We've had one staff member leave; a new one was to start when we get back, but was finished up the same day he gave notice so is keen to start before we go, probably tomorrow, so I'll lose at least half a day there.


I can't really complain about much in my life at the moment other than  never seeming to have enough time for the things I'd like to do V the things I have to do.  Hmmmm.  Does that mean I'm a fully fledged adult now???  Considering my mate & I watched the sun come up Monday morning while knocking back Jagger bombs, hardly likely.  Not very smart I know.  I'm gonna call it blowing off steam in a very juvenile manor.  Nuff said.


I'm still running & almost puked this morning.  I gave plumbing boy a 5 minute head start (he got up earlier than me) & decided I might be able to catch him!  Wishful thinking!  He was still 1km ahead of me although I managed a personal best at that distance knocking almost 1 minute off 5.5km distance.  In Feb I ran a total of 98kms over 16 runs, averaging 6.12 kms per run, & 24.5kms per week.(January I ran 101.2kms, December 89kms) so am happy overall with that!


I've been back to the gym & done a few body attack classes (with out injury or death!) which I was pretty stoked about.  I've also attempted a Shabam class, which was a hoot & much easier choreography wise for me than Zumba.  


I've been seeing a Naturopath for RSI in my right forearm/elbow who been using a product called Traumeel on me & I'm definitely improving.  She also uses Bowen Therapy. I've never been a big fan of Bowen, having had it before with virtually no impact/result.  I do believe however that some people are exceptional at what they do & I'm hoping that my Naturopath is one of these blessed or should I say skilled people!  


She agrees with the Physio I was seeing (who basically gave up) that it does stem from my neck; she's also keen for me to try some voice activated software to reduce the amount of typing I do.  I'm still researching it.  


Anyhoo.  I need to get back to work so I'll catch you all later!



2 comments:

Chris H said...

Hmmm... voice activated software sounds like a good idea for our boy Griffin!
Well done on the running, I take my hat off to anyone who runs!

Amanda said...

You must do some serious typing at work! I know when I was doing a lot of typing in my last job the pain went right up through my neck & was really unpleasant.

Good to see you're seeking proper treatment.