Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Running Goals 2012


2012 Fitness/Running Goals

10km Virtual – Saturday 25th February 2012 (or the following Saturday).

10km Formal – Saturday 15th April 2012
VRR & Blue Ribbon Foundation Angela Taylor Memorial 8.30am

10km Formal – May 27th 2012 Sri Chimnoy Newport

12km Formal – October 28th 2012 Sri Chimnoy Maribyrnong

6km/10km Formal – Sunday 6th January 2013 (depends if any of the family want to play as it's in Warrnambool!)

Basically I'll continue on as I have been with my training.  Physio wanted me to get 6 months of solid running under by belt/feet before training on inclines or speed work.  

I want to run 4 - 5 times per week every week.  Distance will depend on how I'm feeling.  I'm not sure how I'll go as the weather gets colder & wetter.  I've run in the rain a couple of times now & quite like it.  Summer rain is a hell of a lot nicer than icy winter rain, especially when its blowing a gale!  I'll persist with running until the weather gets the better of me (it may not!) then look at the swimming thing.  

I'm hoping that 2012 will be the year of running for me!!!

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Ahhh I do not envy anyone who runs for fitness... I hate running.
Actually , I have never been able to run.
I'm glad you enjoy it though...*smiles*

Memphis Steve said...

Wow, that is a lot of long races! I've become a 5K kinda guy, myself. And today I ran only 1 miles on the treadmill and did it poorly. You're outrunning me.

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Chris!!! You can sew....I can run!

Hey Steve! really? I didn't think it was so many! I didn't want to do the 10km, then take a week off, then another & before you know it back plebbing on the couch! I figured having them a bit spread out gives me something to work towards so I don't get too lazy. Who knows. I'll probably pike & or get injured & do none, but figured some goals was better than none!

I'm sure you'll be back outrunning me soon! You just need to get better dude!!!!