Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Delirium

I think I'm high on cold n flu tabs. Sore throat, ear ache, general body ache, yearning for chicken broth. Yep, I think I'm getting sick, damn it. I don't really like cold n flu tabs & would much rather go try a nap, but there's no-one to look after the office this week so I'll just have to soldier on.

We have visitors as well which makes feeling sick crapper. When I was a teenager, on the farm we had international agricultural exchange students to help out on the farm for 6 - 8 months depending on which program they'd signed up on. We fed & lodged them & paid a minimum wage, while they had a food, a family to live with, work & the opportunity to travel.

Our 3rd student was A.M. who's on a trip her now with her Dad for their joint 50 & 70th birthdays respectively from Quebec. She was last here 25 years ago; I was sweet 16. Probably not that sweet if you ask my ma.

She's still as animated & sweet as I remembered her. And Bless her if she didn't bring with her for us to keep, 3 letters my Grandpa wrote to her after she went home; they were written in 89, 9o & 94. I might publish them at some point if I think they are still interesting enough.

Anyhoo. I better get my delirious butt back to work. Sniff.

3 comments:

Ute said...

Wow, that must be way cool to reconnect with someone from back then.

Would've been an awesome experience being an exchange student. I often wondered how the one's at our high school felt about Oz, and whether they ever wanted to come back at a later stage.

Hope you're feeling better soon matey...xox

Memphis Steve said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. I'm sick too. Sounds like we have the same symptoms. Maybe you gave it to me? HA HA

Chris H said...

Are ya better yet?
I hope so.