Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Stop!!!

I'm having one of those weeks where I'd like to press stop or at the very least pause on life while I catch up!

Work has been crazy busy & is about to get even more out of control I think. We've finished a big project & I've been compiling operation manuals. The architect wants an insane amount of information, but really, instructions on how to operate, maintenance frequency & procedures, safe trouble shooting, disassembly, repair & reassembly, of sinks, basins, tapware etc is just ridiculous. I am queen of paper work though & I will provide this clown more documentation than he's prepared for. My problem at the moment is how I'm going to paginate & index properly due to multiple documents & attachments. It's due in today, so I'd better get crack-a-lack-a-lack-a-lin'.

Calf is still cranky. I've stopped running altogether for at least another week. I've just been making it worse trying to persist with any running. I'm cycling instead. Crystal has 2 x new tyres; my inner thighs doth protest but under carriage is coping quite well considering how long it's been since I've been on a bike seat. Almost made 10kms in 30 mins Monday night. No idea if that's good or bad, but its better than sitting on my butt as I did til 7.30pm last night in the office working on those manuals!

As part of the Up & Running program, I had to sign up for a 10km run (can't remember if I mentioned it or not); dutifully I did, & I have my race number. Not sure if I'll be able to do it or not. Worse case scenario, I can do 4kms, or 8kms depending on my calf & fitness levels. That is in 18 sleeps. Yikes!!!!

School reunion is in 30 sleeps. We have 46 paid up & probably another 10 - 15 stragglers who have indicated they want to come, but haven't got themselves sorted. Should be fun. Imagine I'll get a little nervous the week before, but I've already caught up with a dozen people in the organisation of same, so really I have nothing to worry about!

Operation Babe watch is still chugging along in the background, although has taken a hit with the calf injury. Did some measurements last weekend which I'll upload soon. Scales haven't budged much, but the cms have decreased so that is good.

Am loving this warmer weather & the food it brings! Last night we had a delicious cous cous salad with a poached chicken variation of caesar salad (minus a few of the calories!). Delicious.

K. Better get back to those manuals.

2 comments:

Epic Fail said...

Well, while your calf gives you troubles my knee has taken to hitting me with sympathy pains. It bothered me Monday in pump class and again today when I hit the treadmill. I may have to do a total leg routine on Friday to see if I can straighten this out.

Memphis Steve said...

As your weather gets warmer, ours gets colder and wetter. All my workouts are indoors now. And I hate the treadmill with a passion. I hope you are healing nicely. :-)