Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Mouldy Oldy

So. It was my mouldy old day on Monday. That's what my sis & I used to call our parents birthdays when we were kids (while joking about the pet dinosours they had when they were kids).


Petty non-eventful this year. I was thinking this morning about what my parents & even grandparents had achieved by my current age. I'd already moved out of home & was at University by the time my Mum was my current age. Scary. I'm not sure I actually feel any "older" than back then. Hopefully I'm a little more mature & a heap wiser :0)



My grandfather had fought in a war & lived through an earlier one; built up a farm which my Dad later took over & had 3 kids amoungst other things. I feel like my generation is so more self involved. I had to stop & think about my achievements & how they stacked up in comparisson. I'm not sure I've quite measured up, but anyhoo.


My sis & niece sang me happy birthday & bunged a sparkler on a mini mud cake Friday night; Saturday night we caught up with our goddaughter who's 16th birthday was back in August & her little brother who's 8th was in September - we'd not seen either & the 8yo (the little shit) had been asking me on the phone everytime we spoke "where's my present". Their parents cooked a lovely dinner & organised a birthday cake for me which was very sweet.


On the actual day Plumbing Boy took me out for dinner & a movie - we saw Real Steel which was very cool. If I hadn't been in the cinema I think I would have been jumping up & down & cheering out loud!!! I had a great day (other than working) with lots of calls, FB messages, texts & emails wishing me a happy birthday (THANK YOU!!!)


This is what I got myself this year:







Somewhat tragic I know, but I love love love my clever new Vac. I'm calling us the dynamic duo: he's Batman & I'm Robin! And sadly yes, I've been vacuuming everything in sight!


Tonight I'm going out for dinner with some girlfriends - can't wait!


My calf is still not right. Tried a 20 minute run Tuesday & again on Thursday - tight & not at all happy. Dug out my bicycle though: it's had a flat tyre for ahem (2 years) which PB promised to fix, but hadn't gotten around to it. I asked our storeman to take a look & he whipped off the tyres & tubes in a couple of minutes & I bought new ones last night which will be installed today I hope (on the off chance I'll recover from tonight enought to go for a cycle tomorrow).



It's a sensational day in Melbourne today - I wish I could be out in it more, but I'm making do with tidying up the office today & filing or tossing all the crap that ends up on the floor in the showroom (so I can vac!) which gets me up from my desk & almost in the sunshine (where the bins live)!



Hope you all have a fabulous weekend wherever you are!


PS & a few pic's I forgot I had....






Me grandfinal day in the gong





Me at a lookout at the Gong....it was blowing a freaking gale hence the cranky facial expression! & below, same location view from the look out & the blowhole doin' it's thing.













6 comments:

Memphis Steve said...

I don't even want to think about what my parents had accomplished by the time they reached my age. I feel as if I've been through a war and come out of it with nothing to show. Anyway, sorry to hear that your calf is still bothering you. Biking sounds like a great idea. I skipped the gym again today, but did some exercising at home. No running or biking, though. I need to get back to some heavy weights for awhile. I've lost too much muscle.

Happy birthday, Cat! You look fabulous. And your vacuum looks like a space ship.

AlleyCat said...

Awwww thanks Steve! It does look like a space ship doesn't it!!! Part of its appeal i suspect - plus its superiour sucking power :0)

New tyres installed & wheels are back on the bike - might go for a test ride shortly......

I've been over pump (niggly tennis elbow) & just the thought of weights has been "no thanks". Hope your muscles come back SOON!!!!!!!!

Irish Daughter said...

Belated birthday greetings. Its a sign of age when a new hoover becomes your ideal birthday gift. It looks nice but I could't give up my 'Henry' from santa for a Dyson. :)

Kek said...

Happy birthday (a little bit late)! Vacuum cleaner as a self-gift... that's hilarious!

Hope the leg heals up quickly.

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Irish! I love that Santa bought you a vac! Yay for Henry :0)

AlleyCat said...

Hey Kek - your comment arrived via email, but is not showing up on my blog - so here it is:

From Kek

Happy birthday (a little bit late)! Vacuum cleaner as a self-gift... that's hilarious!

Hope the leg heals up quickly.


Thank you - yeah, gotta love self gift. The boss said I can put my $$$ towards something else LOL, he's gonna foot the bill :0)