Friday, September 23, 2011

Up & Running Week 2

Copied directly from my running diary on the U&R forum coz I'm too busy!!!!!

Week 2:

Did not start out very well! Was up at 4.50am Monday, ready for my first ever morning run (still dark out there!).

2.1
Made it to about 38 minutes (3 cycles of fartlek done) when I had a sharp pain in my knee. Stopped & stretched for a bit, tried to run again, no improvement, walked a couple of blocks then tried to run again. Still no joy. Walked the rest of the way home. Boo Hoo. :cry: Knee pain subsided after a couple of hours, but the pain where glute & hamstring join had ramped right up. Looks like I'd aggravated a previous injury caused by my hips/pelvis being out. Off to the osteo where he stretched, prodded & manipulated.

Total time 61 minutes (38 minutes prior to walking the rest)
Total distance: 4.42kms (walked another 1.18kms to get back home)
Max Heart Rate: 168

Had a couple of days off (both coach & osteo said two days); worked late last night so couldn't manage a run. Up bright & early this morning (Friday) & out the door by 5am. We are on holidays tomorrow for a week, so decided to do work out 2.3 today & fit work out 2.2 in either very early tomorrow (4am eeeekkk), or as an extra next week.

2.3
Took warm up slower; took the strides much slower - "pranced" them rather than trying to sprint them. Still a bit sore between glute & hammy now; but fine while running. Will definitely be getting a massage while away!

Total Time: 55 minutes
Total Distance: 5.6kms
Max Heart Rate: 187 @ 5mins & 46 seconds into my warm up - I thought I was about to be run over by a car, so think that frightened me significantly. @ 7 minutes into warm up had dropped to 132, @ end of warm up 142. Rest of run fluctuated between 158 & 167.

Might be a bit spasmodic next week with updates, but I've got my gear ready to go & will be training while I'm away. Hopefully I'll get a few runs on the beach in! I'm really enjoying running in the morning. The air is crisp & clean. Nobody is out & about & I feel like I'm on a secret mission......wait....... :D .is that the endorphins kicking in???


PS I'll be coming live from the "Gong" next week.......

PSS I'll be taking my scarf (although it was 30deg C there today!!!)..........................Carn the Catters

3 comments:

Epic Fail said...

Peoples is making fun of my Warrior Dash photos. Apparently I don't look exciting and/or heroic when I run through mud. Who knew?

Epic Fail said...

See, now this is just not right. I am missing you. Where oh where are you tonight? Why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over and thought I'd found true love. You met another and thppppt you were gone!

Come back!

AlleyCat said...

What????????????? people mocking??? how dare they. As for looking exciting &/or heroic running though mud....meh.....you need to be a fire man or have big tits probably!!!! LOL.

i'll be back tomorrow :0)
xoxo