Thursday, August 11, 2011

Whooping

Just found out me poor ole ma's got Whooping Cough. My sis called last night & gave me the news. Apparently she found out last week, but as nobody ever tells me jack I didn't know. I spoke to my aunt yesterday who thought Mum had something that was contagious for 4 months, so had planned on calling her today to find out what aunt was on about. Now I know. She's been on the antibiotics for more than 5 days so is no longer contagious; but will probably take months to recover.

Mum & Dad were both vaccinated last year (as was sis). Mum has a history of chest/respiratory problems so imagine this will take as long as possible to heal. I'm just glad she didn't get it while she was overseas. Dad was coming down with a cold when he left here after arriving home & Mum had one a week later. I'm glad they didn't give it or the whoop to me.

I'd hoped to go for a walk & maybe pump last night, but I was still a little tender for that. Did a bit of work on the foam roller last night as per the osteo's instructions working on left glute, right quad & both hamstrings. Getting better but still a little stiff & twingy today. Was hoping for a run on Friday night, but will have to wait & see............

8 comments:

Ute said...

Seems to be a lot of chesty stuff going around atm.

I've got this chesty thing, but only 1st thing in the morning. Coughing up some real nice lung butter. :oS

Saw the doc today, and he reckons it's nothing to worry about...more that it's coming from my sinus' and travelling down into my chesticles.
So I've got some Rhinocort(?) to use.

Epic Fail said...

i'm sorry to hear that your ma has whooping cough. My gym has shut down our showers for the entire month of August, so I'm pump-class free unless I decide to shift over to the after-supper class. I might have to. Think about me while you're pumping.

Chris H said...

Oh I hope your Mum gets better soon.

AlleyCat said...

Uuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!! hope you feel better soon!! I take Rhinocourt for my sinus & hayfever issues. Good stuff :0) probably fucks the inside of my snoz but if I can breathe then I'm happy!!!!

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Epic! LOL yes, I'll think of you when I'm pumpin' it up!!! I'd much rather do the class at lunch, but not an option class or work wise for me :0( Hope your showers get fixed soon!!

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Chris!!!!!

Irish Daughter said...

Sorry to hear about your mum. I didn't know whooping cough was contagious?! Hope she is on the mend and luckily she didn't get it overseas. Good luck with the exercise. I feel ashamed, I've done nothing (apart from run around after kids) for years. Planning on booking a few classes/creches in the near future.

Glad you are well.

AlleyCat said...

Hey Irish!!!! Nice to see you back :0)

It's contagious for the first 21 days apparently...

Running around after kids counts as exercise in my book :0)