Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Torn

I feel a little torn today. The sun is out, it's warm & I'm feeling happy; but I'm also feeling melancholy, if you can feel both those things at once.


I feel torn about whether or not I should feel happy though. Another blogger mate lost her grandmother this week. A high school friend lost her grandmother also this week. Another mate lost her beautiful cat. I feel so sad for these beautiful girls. I lost my own grandmother recently; And it's almost the 2nd anniversary of our friend who took his own life. So many things to feel sad about. I guess the hint of summer in the north wind today is enough to lift my spirit.


To any of you out there grieving the loss of someone or something or somebody I offer to you my condolences & some words I find comforting in grief.


You can shed tears that he/she is gone

Or you can smile because he/she has lived.
You can close your eyes

And pray that he/she will come back,

Or you can open your eyes

And see all that he/she has left.
Your heart can be empty

Because you can't see him/her,

Or you can be full of the love

That you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow

And live in yesterday,

Or you can be happy for tomorrow

Because of yesterday.
You can remember him/her

And only that he/she is gone,

Or you can cherish his/her memory

And let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind

Be empty and turn your back,

Or you can do what he/she would want

Smile, open your eyes, love, and go on!
~ Author Unknown ~


Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there I do not sleep.

I am the thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you waken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of gentle birds in circling flight

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry—

I am not there... I did not die...


May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind always be at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

and rains fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

That is a really lovely poem.
And it is ok to feel happy when others are not.
It's how the world goes around.

Ute said...

{{Hugs}} xox

Epic Fail said...

Big hug from across the sea. Pay no attention to the fact that I'm sick. I promise you won't catch it.

AlleyCat said...

Thanks Chris - I know, it's just hard sometimes!!!

Thanks Ute - you are lovely xoxo

Epic - thank you too!!! I'm a bit worried about your sickness!!! Your beard has dropped off!!!!