Monday, June 20, 2011

Tucker

My family all love their tucker; my 11y/o niece included who stayed with me on Friday night. On Thursday, I emailed her to see if she had any dinner requests - usually she'll ask for something very specific, like spaghetti & meatballs with chocolate pudding....


My email to her..


Hello Hello Hello!


Hope you are having a good week at school!


Do you have dinner/movie requests for Friday night???


See ya Friday night alright?? :o)


Tess texted me back later that day....


Hey, dont mind whatever u feel like but the dessert & tea have to taste good


I responded...

your wish is my command petalness. I'd better get cooking!


Tess....

U do know im coming 2morrow not today but good things come to those who cook good food and good food takes preparation


Me...

Yes indeedy do! Expecting you tmw around 2.30pm. Will be up all night preparing the feast. PS Plumbing Boy said you wouldn't want any dessert!


Tess....

well he's wronger than climbing the wrong mountain!


Me...

Lucky he has a gps otherwise he'd be lost on that wrong mountain!! Don't worry, I be makin' dessert!


LOL. I ended up cooking roast Chicken & Pavlova with whipped cream & blueberries/raspberries. I'm sure you all remember the Ghost pav I made for Tess for her spooky party last year! We watched Gulliver's Travels (gotta love Jack Black!) & hung out in front of the fire.


Saturday night my cuz from Sydney was in town with his girlfriend, so we went out for dinner in St Kilda. It was a pretty quiet night in comparison to our usual effort when we get together - I think we were home & in bed by 11pm & on the opposite side of town to dinner. His GF was a bit weary as was her mate (I think they'd had a few drinks in the afternoon) & my cuz had a footy date Sunday with a few people & a 6am flight this morning so he was resisting the urge to partay!


I managed gym both Saturday & Sunday. Finished the last True Blood book on Saturday on the tready, & don't have anything else left to read at the moment. I think this means I'll have to start running again! I did a yoga class on Sunday morning followed by a bit of a run (3kms) & didn't feel sore.


To be honest, I'm a bit loathe to say I'm back into it (the exercise & good eating). I've mapped out all sorts of training plans & at least 2 challenges since Christmas, but I just couldn't get into them &/or commit. The last one was FOMT, but I only got as far as deciding what to call it & that was a month ago. I have a school reunion coming up but not til November, so that is not really motivating me yet. That said, I've exercised 7 days out of the last 9 which is a vast improvement on zip. So. With a bit of luck I am back into it as the muffin top I'm carrying aint a good look. Now I just gotta sort the eating......I made potato gnocchi last night; the recipe said feeds 4 - 6 people. Yeah. we at the lot between the two of us.....


5 comments:

Ute said...

Hahahaha, we have a running joke in our family. When anything says, "Feeds 4-6 people." we say, "Or 2 Bee's"(as in our family name) :o))

Mmmm....Pavlova.

AlleyCat said...

Love it!

Maybe they meant 4 - 6 as an entre! Or as a side to a beef ragu????

Mmmmm Pav was good. I made it into a massive tower so there was LOTS of the marshmellowy innards!!!

Epic Fail said...

Your niece made me laugh! I can't say that I'm totally into it with the workouts either. I was sort of sickly this weekend and I went to the gym yesterday only to end up in the toilet instead. I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully do better.

Slyde said...

congrats on getting back in to the excersize routine...

not that you need it. every time i see a pic of you i think you're dead sexy...

AlleyCat said...

EP - glad she made you laugh! I'm still laughing! I read the text to my sis last night & she cracked up too - I half thought there may have been a little assistance from an adult, but apparently the witt was her own!!! Oh your poor squirty bum. Hope it's better soon :0(

Slyde: you know how to make a girl blush!!!!! Thank you!!!