Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Bootses



I finally caved & bought some boots, but not the exorbitant ones I was salivating over a few weeks ago. I decided I wanted ankle boots as I don't own any (unless you count my work boots) but couldn't find anything similar to the ones I fell in love with at Mimc0. Ideally I wanted something with a low heel for work, but, all the low or flat boots I saw were U.G.L.Y. Then I saw these puppies, with their fancy laces up the front.




& cute little zipper at the back....


not sure if the 7cm heel is that practical for work - I'm struggling to run to the phone; & I think I'll need to put some "party feet" in them if I want to walk any great distance in them!



But they do look pretty sexy dont they!!!! I almost bought them on Sunday, but I couldn't face walking back past one of those sales people in the aisle of the shopping centre. You know the ones, trying to sell you make up or any plethora of shite you don't want. This guy tried to give me a flyer & I politely said no thank you.


He then had another go, saying "may I please just ask you one question - what sort of moisturiser you use?" My response was "today I am tired & hungover so nothing & I said NO!!!!!" & stomped off. I couldn't be shagged going the long way around either to get to the shop so I left without trying them on.


Last night I had to get a birthday present for a friend so went & tried these & a couple of other pairs on & still loved them, so home with me they came.


The only problem I'm having (besides the walking in high heels thing) is the bloody tights I'm wearing. I bought them a couple of weeks ago so they are new i.e. not stretched. I read the sizing on the back & I fall well & truly in the average category. I should have been alarmed when average was the smallest size. I can see some of you nodding your heads thinking they will be too small. I shit not, I can pull them up & tuck them under my bra strap. Yes, I just stood up & did that in my office to confirm it. So. I either have half a foot or so of saggy crotch (girls who wear tights know what I am talking about) OR I have half a foot tucked & folded over the top of my skirt. Either way, its a f#cken pain in the arse . Hitch & fold, hitch & fold, hitch & fold. All bloody day. grumble grumble grumble. Now that I've amused you with my tights, go forth & have a lovely weekend!


PS We got our final 2 hopefuls coming in tonight for their second interview. Hopefully this time tomorrow we'll have ourselves a new apprentice!!!

1 comment:

Chris H said...

They are neat boots... hope you don't break a leg in them!