Friday, February 18, 2011

Sounds Like????

Me!

This came from Ute (insert waving!), who got the idea from a friend of hers; & is apparently doing the blog rounds. I'm typing this before I've uploaded the audio which may yet defeat me. I'm not good at that sorta thing. My phone was the recording device & of course the file was unrecognisable so I have to convert the bastard. Could take me a week, a month or a year!

Here is what I have to say:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theatre, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting Image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajama's, Caught.

Next I have to answer the following questions:

What is it called when you through toilet paper at a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval shaped body & extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

Now, I did have to record it in 3 x parts, but seem to have been able to join them together courtesy of some instructions I found on the netski. Here's hoping it works!

I haven't been able to test this sucker, but here goes. If there is anything else you'd like to hear me pronounce, SPEAK!

PS Ute - I recon we should aussie this up & get our international mates to give it a crack :0)

6 comments:

Ute said...

(waves spastically back)

HA! Awesomeness!!! And you sound just as I thought you would... :oD

I recorded mine on my mobile too... the hardest part was putting that sucker together in iMovie with the photos.

You are so right... it would be awesome to hear how the Americans pronounce some of our Aussie werdz!!!
I PMSFL when an out of towner pronounced one of our Adelaide suburbs incorrectly... THEBARTON. Go on.... say it!!! :o))))

AlleyCat said...

LOL thanks mate! without those instructions I found I'd a been working on this til xmas!!!!

yep, we get a few of those mispronunciations - Laverton as laVERTN.

I'll wait til I have a few & then record them :0)

Have a lovely weekend :0)

Slyde said...

i've told you before how much i am in LUST with that accent havent i?

if not, well yeah, i am. my favorite accent in the world :)

AlleyCat said...

:o) thanks Slyde baby! You've made me smile!

Memphis Steve said...

You have a great accent! Rolling someone's yard is indeed vandalism, but I didn't expect that answer. Ha Ha! OK, I played along, too.

AlleyCat said...

thanks Steve! I've just checked yours out now! :0)