Monday, January 24, 2011

Styled!

Yes, I know I said I was off to the country & wouldn't be blogging week, but the lovely Miss B tagged me for a stylish blogger award (although I don't think I'm particularly stylish)! If you read this consider yourself tagged - give us 7 random facts about your good self!





1. I hated my nickname in primary school. When people called me Cat I'd burst into tears & was teased about it no end. By the time I reached high school I much preferred the nickname than my own name & it's "creative" spelling. Please promise me not to be creative with the spelling of your kids names!!!!! I've spent my life correcting the pronunciation of mine.





2. I have a slight web between my 2nd & 3rd toes. This has not made me better at swimming. I find feet a bit freaky in general, but don't have a phobia about it.





(Damn! this is hard & I've only thought of 2 things so far.....)





3. I like my cutlery & crockery to be well organised. Every time my office assistant unpacks the dishwasher at work, I remove all the cups & glasses & re stack the shelf into its proper order. I am forever straightening up the cutlery draw. Honestly. The spoons don't go in the bloody knife section!!! My sister hangs it on me at home because in the fork section I've got the big forks stacked in one pile & the little forks in another adjacent in the same divider. I've also got soup & desert spoons stacked the same way. See!


So not weird!


4. I was born with a hole in the roof of my mouth & had a skin graft done on it when I was 2 years old. If I open wide & you peek in, you can see a strip of white skin about 20mm wide & 50mm long to prove it. The only thing I remember is the doctor had a big fish tank in his surgery in Melbourne. That was probably my earliest memory come to think of it!



5. I've also had 2 lots of drainage tubes in my ears, then the holes didn't close over naturally as they are supposed to so I had skin grafts at 15 & 16 years old as they could only do one at a time (I think I may have blogged about this before, sorry!). They shaved the side of my head above my ear & cut out some skin & used it to cover the hole in my ear drum. I also had a cyst removed from one ear while they were doing the grafts. I've had my appendix out & 2 x ganglion cysts removed on my right hand. Only one fracture (wrist), no proper broken bones.



6. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 16 years old. Mum was a nurse & thought it unhygienic to get it done at the chemist so made my sister & I go to the emergency ward of the hospital where one of her co-workers pierced them with the biggest mother of a syringe needle you've ever seen. Of course we had to have sleepers not studs. I fainted & had a spew bowl. I actually feel a bit queasy thinking about it.



7. I've bungee jumped. Sort of. I think a more accurate description would be that as I stood on the platform, my knees buckled from underneath me & I toppled forward. Apparently I screamed Fuuuuuuuuuuck all the way down, then all the way back up again & all the way back down again. I have no recollection other than opening my eyes for that brief moment when you are stationary after coming all the way back up again & thinking oh my god, I have to go back down again. NEVER AGAIN.



I'm supposed to tag 15 of you lovely peeps, but like I said, tag yourself!

3 comments:

Ute said...

Oh hell.... I am so fkn relieved to see that I am not the only one who likes organized drawers!

Only, I think that I may be just a little bit more anal about it. ;oD


Will try and do this one mate... good post. :o)


PS- hope you're enjoying your break!

Amanda said...

I seem to be the only idiot at work lately who stacks & unstacks the dishwasher. I had a tanty the other day and just threw all the cutlery into the drawer, slammed it shut & walked away. Within 2 minutes I was back organising it neatly into the appropriate sections :)

Your bungy jumping story is hilarious!!! I would love to do it but can't because of my neck injury :(

AlleyCat said...

LOL! glad I'm not the only one with cutlery/crockery issues!!! They are the only drawers/shelves I worry about though Ute - the rest of them put me to shame.....

Ute - I'm having fun - got wireless for my lappy today so will do a post shortly!!!!

LOL Amanda - that is funny!!! Yeah, I wouldn't recommend bungy with any sort of neck or back injury!!!