Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi 3/4

The ones I've done are in Blue.

51. Visited the Great Barrier Reef. & one of the places I’ve seen reef sharks & nemo & all his uncles, aunties, cousins etc....

52. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson. Unfortunately yes. I think I can still recite part of Santa You C*** where’s me F#cken Bike.

53. Killed a Cane Toad. Haven’t seen one yet let alone squished one

54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. We had one in the town I went to high school, although I think it had closed down before I went to high school. Mum & Dad used to take us in our jarmies.

55. Have read and own books by Australian authors. Yes & Yes. Big fan of Gabrielle Lord & Melina Marchetta amongst others – love reading books set in Melbs or Sydney.


56. Visited Adelaide. Yes. We did another trip just to Adelaide & stayed in a caravan park by a river. I was still in primary school

57. Know the story behind “Eternity”. (Google has not enlightened me so, no idea!)

58. Been camping. Squillions of times. Love me some campin’. Last time was in the middle of winter a couple of years ago in the Wombat State Forrest - we were lucky it didn't snow!

59. Visited Brisbane. Brisvegas! Yes. A friend of mine lived there for 4 years I went on a holiday to visit her! She’d just changed from an auto to a manual car & was having major problems with hand break starts & had to drive to work in a very roundabout way to avoid doing one. I gave her lessons on that & she taught me to reverse into her very step on an angle driveway where you felt as it the car was going to fall over on it side.

60. Been in an outback pub. My sister lived across the road from one for a while. The publican would pull down the blinds & we’d party on well after closing with the locals. Fun times.

61. Know what the term “Waltzing Matilda” actually means. (I’ll say no, because I couldn’t remember & had to google it to remind me)


62. Gone whale watching. We did the whale sharks at Ningaloo 2007. Super cool. You can't scuba with them, just snorkel. While we only saw the one for about 60 seconds, having a juvenile whale about the size of a bus swim head on towards you then veer off past was incredibly amazing!!!

63. Listened to Slim Dusty. Not a huge fan, but everybody knows a pub with no beer!

64. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series. (probably not)

65. Sang along to Down Under. Saw Colin Hay acoustically at the Port Fairy Folk Festival in March this year – sang along then........ I come from a land down under, where women glow & men plunder, can ya hear can ya hear the thunder? Ya'd better run Ya'd better take cover.....

66. Have stopped specifically to look at an historic marker by the side of the road. Could never drive past the dog on the tucker box without stopping; or the giant crab thing in SA; & i'm a sucker for old country cemetery's.

67. Eaten a 4′n’20 pie. Yes & there are far far far far far better meat pies to be eaten in Aus.

68. Surfed at Bondi. Never been to Bondi :0(

69. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day. only on Teev.

70. Visited Hobart. Haven’t been to Tasi yet, but it’s pretty high up on the list. Waving to Wanna!!!

71. Eaten kangaroo. Love me some peppered roo fillet on mash with a red wine Jus.

72. Seen a quokka. If they are the birdies that live on Rottnest Island, then yes

73. Visited Canberra. Yes. Another family road trip. I was in charge of the map & we went around & around & around in circles. Even when I wasn’t in charge of the map we still went around & around & around in circles.

74. Visited rainforest's. Another cuz of mine lives in Port Douglas & I’ve been lucky enough to visit her a few times & explore the Daintree. Last time was on our honeymoon in November last year.


75. Used a Victa lawnmower. I don’t actually think I have. We had a lot of grass as a kid & had a ride on mower for as long as I can remember. It went faster backwards than forwards. I think our current push mower is not a Victa though. I’d go & check but it’s been at the repair shop waiting for a part since before Christmas & we’ve loaned one from a friend who has a gardener who brings his own mower!

4 comments:

Ute said...

I'm a gonna have to steal this one... ;o)

AlleyCat said...

steal away chickee!!!!!!!!!!

Memphis Steve said...

Um, I own the movie "Australia" and I think I have the DVD of "Muriel's Wedding" somewhere. Oh, and all the Mad Max movies, too! That's 5. And I plan to order "Nugget" which would give me 6. And that's all I got here, having never been to Australia (yet)

AlleyCat said...

Good work Steve! I probably do comply on more thinking. I'd forgotten about Mad Max. We have them on Video taped off Teev. I know I have Looking for Alibrandi. I'm pretty sure if I looked in the box of Video tapes I'd find all sorts of interesting Aussie stuff.

The Nugget is pretty funny, one of my fave comedians Dave O'Neil is in it. Eric Bana's pretty cool too. Enjoy!!!!