Thursday, October 22, 2009

Forgot......

that thangs in the country run a little slower than in the big smoke :0)

Or am I just impatient???

Photographer got back to me. Unfortunately she's just been accepted into a course in Melbourne over the weekend, so I can't catch up with her. But, we've put together a time line which is working for both of us & she's given me some location recommendations to check out. All good.

The venue operator did get back to me & even took up my concern with the caterer & I now have my (fixed) food per head price & confirmation the menu is all systems go.

I have a "team meeting" Friday night with the Simon (Venue), Daniel, (Caterer) & Richard (the Music Man) at the venue & we will sort the final details & of course the wine selection.

Thank god for that is all I can say. I think I am done with wedding stuff for a week or so now. I can breathe again. Feel like I've been holding my breath for about a week. No wonder some chicks go all bridezilla! I'm relatively chill & it's been getting to me.

Just gotta get those shoes worn in now (yes Jules - i did the vacuuming in them on the weekend - thought that would help with the balancing as well!!!)

I'll leave you with a joke someone emailed me during the week. Prolly an oldie, but I laughed!!!!

A man who just died is delivered to a local mortuary wearing an expensive, expertly tailored black suit. The female blonde mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would like the body dressed. She points out that the man does look good in the black suit he is already wearing.

The widow, however, says that she always thought her husband looked his best in blue, and that she wants him in a blue suit. She gives the mortician a blank check and says, 'I don't care what it costs, but please have my husband in a blue suit for the viewing'

The woman returns the next day for the wake. To her delight, she finds her husband dressed in a gorgeous blue suit with a subtle chalk stripe; the suit fits him perfectly. She says to the mortician, 'Whatever this cost, I'm very satisfied. You did an excellent job and I' m very grateful.. How much did you spend?'

To her astonishment, the mortician presents her with the blank check. 'There's no charge,' she says.'

No, really, I must compensate you for the cost of that exquisite blue suit!' she says.

'Honestly, ma'am,' the blonde says, 'it cost nothing. You see, a deceased gentleman of about your husband's size was brought in shortly after you left yesterday, and he was wearing an attractive blue suit.

I asked his wife if she minded him going to his grave wearing a black suit instead, and she said it made no difference as long as he looked nice.

(scrolling)






''So I just switched the heads.'

4 comments:

Ute said...

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Oh, that was evil! ;))



Yeah,nah, she'll be right... the country folk are never in a hurry.
You'll notice the drivers are even less in a hurry. =D

Chris H said...

OMG that is tooooo funny! As if! Though someone did chop off a dead guys legs to get him to fit in the coffin (true story)!!!
I'm glad your wedding plans are going so smoothly ... have a great weekend chick.

Miss T said...

Hi, headed over here from West Aussie Wedding - fellow Aussie bride. You're getting married in 18 days - eekkkkk. I'm 68 days out. Hope you're not too stressed!

AlleyCat said...

Ute - glad to amuse. Yeah, the farmers all drive slow, too busy looking out the window at livestock & pastures. The P platers still hoon tho

Chris H - seriously? poor legs.

Miss T - thank you for all your comments. Yeah 17 days to go & i'm starting to pendulum from CRAP too much to do to WHAT EV's it will all get done.