- I just teared up on the phone when one of my elderly customers called to tell us her daughter passed away on mothers day. This client herself was on her death bed a couple of months ago, the same daughter called up to tell us & ended up crying on the phone to me for 1/2hr. I sent a get well card & got all the guys to sign it. I've never met either of them in person, but spoken to them many times over the past 15 year's I have been here. Both mother & daughter were always up for a joke & a laugh. It's always sad when a parent outlives a child. RIP Faye.
- I am hoping to get to Body Balance tonight! I think it has been 6 weeks since I've been - my foot injury made it difficult to do some of the yoga & balance moves; & I've had a dodgy neck too. I made it worse on holidays doing backward rolls of the side of the boat while diving (water entry method) & have been seeing my new chiro twice weekly since I've been back. I'm almost back to full movement. If the chiro says no, I will go & tready or bike at the gym instead.
- I went for an enormous walk on Tuesday night with (my PT friend) Kym who is recovering from surgery & cant do her regular training for a while yet. I just measured it on the melways, & we walked just over 10kms!!! No wonder I got a blister on the side of my heel. We'd not seen each other in person for months so the time flew as we had plenty to catch up on.
- I am loving a new toy I bought from my Chiro. It's called a Posture Pole & it Rocks!!! it is a semi circle pole that you lay on your back on & it opens out your chest & shoulders & realigns your back. For people who work at a desk & find their shoulders creeping up & forward, & neck & head creeping forward all day it is awesome! It certainly beats using 2 tennis balls in a sock & laying on them & having to move them along your spine every couple of minutes. Now I can do the lot in one hit. I already feel like I can breathe deeper.
- My cold sort of came back, but in my chest this time: lots of chunky coughing (Sorry!). Seems to be subsiding & I only had one night with majorly cough interrupted sleep.
- I'm getting my hair cut & coloured tomorrow..............I want to keep the length, but might let Alex have his way with everything else! My cuz is coming in too (she used to work there) so between the two of them, I'm hoping to have fabulous hair!
- Who's excited about seeing the new SATC movie??? I am going with 2 girlfriends next Saturday. Should be a hoot. We are shouting ourselves with gold glass tix, but the only session we could get into was at 10.30am! We will consider it a champagne breakfast.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend :0)
This is Rosy yesterday, when i first spotted her, she was perched on top of 2 x car batteries stacked on top of each other in the sunshine. Of course she had to move before I could snap her.